Hi, my name is Ahmed BEN JMAA.
Entire summary information you can find on this page. Feel free to take a look around my vCard. Thanks.
On this page you will find my university studies and my professional experiences.
• Supervisor: Pr. Abdelmajid BEN HAMADOU
• Thesis: Extraction and recognition of human gestures: to the verbatim transcript of sign language
• Laboratory: Multimedia InfoRmation systems and Advanced Computing Laboratory
• Entitled: New Technologies Dedicated Computer Systems
• Supervisor: Dr. Yousra BEN JEMAA
• Thesis: Proposition of new approach for image compression using fractals
• Graduated with good mention
• Entitled: Applied Informatics in Management
• Modules Taught: Database design and analysis, Principles of databases, Computer system, Computer Security, Advanced computer applications, PHP programming.
• Modules Taught: Computer graphics “AutoCad 2D”, Certificate in Computers and Internet “C2I”.
• Modules Taught: Database Management System (SGBD Oracle), Database Design (Microsoft Access 2000), Programming (Visual Basic), Algorithms and data structures, Language C, Web server administration, Language theory and compiler, human-machine Interaction.
• Supervision: I supervised memoirs of the end of studies in computer sciences.
• Modules Taught: Algorithms and data structures, Business Computer Networks.
• Design & programming software:
- Production management
o Quality control of production
o Performance management
o Production management (Barcode system)
- Movement of production lines (Mobile terminal)
- Daily backup Tool
• System management:
- Windows NT/2000 Installation and administration
- Security system management
- Installation and administration of messenger server
- Installation and administration of ISA Server
• Networks administration:
- Network installation and administration
(50 workstations, 4 servers, 8 VLAN)
- Administration of SMC Switch
- Security network management
• Website development:
- Create a dynamic web site of car rental
- Oversee daily computer performance,
- Provide technical support,
- Install new software for computer users,
- Running diagnostic tests to resolve issues,
- Installing updates to existing software,
- Setting up new equipment,
- Performing minor repair work and keeping records of service.
- Development of medical dictionary.
- Designing a tourist map of Sfax city.
[J1]- Ahmed BEN JMAA, Walid MAHDI, Yousra BEN JEMAA and Abdelmajid BEN HAMADOU
Title: A New Approach For Hand Gestures Recognition Based on Depth Map Captured by RGB-D Camera
Abstract: This paper presented a new approach for hand gestures recognition based on depth Map captured by an RGB-D Kinect camera. Although this camera provides two types of information ”Depth Map” and ”RGB Image”, only the depth data information was used to analyze and recognize the hand gestures. Given the complexity of this task, we first proposed a new method based on edge detection to eliminate the noise and segment the hand. Then we introduced new descriptors modeling the hand gesture. These features are invariant to scale, rotation and translation. Our approach was applied on French sign language alphabet to show its effectiveness and evaluate the robustness of the proposed descriptors. The experimental results clearly show that the proposed system is very satisfactory and able to recognize the French alphabet sign with an accuracy of more than 93%. Our approach was also applied to a public dataset in order to be compared to existing works. The results prove that our system can outperform previous methods using the same dataset.
Journal: Computación y Sistemas (CyS)
Indexed in: DBLP, Scopus
Impact factor: 0.184 (SJR)
[J2]- Yousra BEN JEMAA, Ahmed DERBEL and Ahmed BEN JMAA
Title: 2DPCA fractal features and genetic algorithm for efficient face representation and recognition
Abstract: In this article, we present an automatic face recognition system. We show that fractal features obtained from Iterated Function System allow a successful face recognition and outperform the classical approaches. We propose a new fractal feature extraction algorithm based on genetic algorithms to speed up the feature extraction step. In order to capture the more important information that is contained in a face with a few fractal features, we use a bi-dimensional principal component analysis. We have shown with experimental results using two databases as to how the optimal recognition ratio and the recognition time make our system an effective tool for automatic face recognition.
Journal: EURASIP Journal on Information Security
Indexed in: DBLP, Scopus
Impact factor: 0.315 (SJR)
[J3]- Ahmed BEN JMAA, Walid MAHDI, Yousra BEN JEMAA and Abdelmajid BEN HAMADOU
Title: A new approach for digit recognition based on hand gesture analysis
Abstract: We present in this paper a new approach for hand gesture analysis that allows digit recognition. The analysis is based on extracting a set of features from a hand image and then combining them by using an induction graph. The most important features we extract from each image are the fingers locations, their heights and the distance between each pair of fingers. Our approach consists of three steps: (i) Hand detection and localization, (ii) fingers extraction and (iii) features identification and combination to digit recognition. Each input image is assumed to contain only one person, thus we apply a fuzzy classifier to identify the skin pixels. In the finger extraction step, we attempt to remove all the hand components except the fingers, this process is based on the hand anatomy properties. The final step consists on representing histogram of the detected fingers in order to extract features that will be used for digit recognition. The approach is invariant to scale, rotation and translation of the hand. Some experiments have been undertaken to show the effectiveness of the proposed approach.
Journal: International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, Vol. 2, No. 1, Computer, vision and Pattern recognition series (IJCSIS09)
Indexed in: DBLP
[C1]- Ahmed BEN JMAA, Walid MAHDI, Yousra BEN JEMAA and Abdelmajid BEN HAMADOU
Title: Arabic sign language recognition based on HOG Descriptor
Conference: 8th International Conference on Graphic and Image Processing (ICGIP 2016)
Editor: SPIE Digital Library
Indexed in: Scopus
[C2]- Ahmed BEN JMAA, Walid MAHDI, Yousra BEN JEMAA and Abdelmajid BEN HAMADOU
Title: Hand localization and fingers features extraction: Application to digit recognition in sign language
Conference: 10th International Conference on intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning (IDEAL09)
Book title: Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning - IDEAL 2009, Lecture Notes in Computer Science Volume 5788, 2009, pp 151-159
Editor: Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
Indexed in: DBLP, Scopus
[C3]- Ahmed BEN JMAA, Yousra BEN JEMAA, Walid MAHDI and Abdelmajid BEN HAMADOU
Title: Automatic hand localization for gesture recognition
Conference: 4th International Symposium on Image/Video Communications over fixed and mobile networks (ISIVC08)
Editor: IEEE , EURASIP, Universit de Deusto, Bilbao, Espagne
[C4]- Ahmed BEN JMAA, Maher BEN JEMAA and Yousra BEN JEMAA
Title: Optimization of fractal image compression with genetic algorithms
Conference: 2nd International Symposium on Communications, Control And Signal Processing (ISCCSP06)
Indexed in: Scopus